Here are some articles I’ve written for the CN&R relating to the history of Northern California, specifically Butte County.
- Chico locals decry the forthcoming state park closures and call on legislators to save the iconic home of California pioneer John Bidwell.
Student interns put concrete knowledge to the test in repairing historic structure
- Local historian rattles a skeleton in John Bidwell’s closet—the Indian Treaty of 1851
- Chico Heritage Association speaks out about construction of a four-story parking structure amidst century-old houses.
- The monks at the Abbey of New Clairvaux bless this year’s grape harvest and look to completion of the ancient chapter house at their Vina monastery.
- Chico State class uses rephotography to tell the story of our past through the present