Recently, I have been a Public Relations Intern for Fleishman-Hillard Sacramento, a global PR firm that specializes in Food and Agribusiness. I have worked for several large agricultural companies, namely Kubota Tractor Corporation, California Raisins and the California Table Grape Commission.
I have created the monthly editorial calendars for Kubota Tractor Corporation’s Facebook page and have been in charge of creating a large portion of their original posts. I have also monitored and collected any and all positive and negative print and online media related to Kubota Tractor Corporation and created monthly vulnerability reports and media clip books.
I have also been in charge of creating Facebook content and editorial calendars for California Raisins (yes, the one with the dancing raisin!), as well as collecting social media and blogger impressions for all of our sponsored material in a large media excel grid. I have also conducted opportunistic monitoring of ProfNet and HARO queries and pitched stories to reporters for potential PR endeavors. I have also been largely involved in writing/managing content on the Sacramento local food blog known as SacFoodies.com.
- Responsible for creating Facebook content/editorial calendars, media outreach grids, and building monthly vulnerability reports and media clip books for Kubota Tractor Corporation. Also assisting in coordination of client events, such as the 2014 National Dealer Meeting taking place in Nashville, TN.
- Responsible for collecting social media impressions for California Raisins, monitoring HARO and ProfNet queries, as well as creating/uploading social media content and editorial calendars to Trello.
- Crisis communication support, executive communications, event/trade show support and press folder development, media relations, monitoring of social media and traditional media.
- Regularly managing and posting original content on to the Sacramento local WordPress food blog at least twice a week. Making good decisions while under pressure or short deadlines. Fine-tuning communications skills with the ability to interact beneficially with production team members, staff, faculty and management. Getting the job done.
- Using Cision to build media excel sheets (Print, TV, Radio, Online, etc.) for press release distributions, monitoring print and online media using Google Alerts and BurrellesLuce, and working on projects for companies such as:
- Kubota Tractor Corporation
- California Raisins
- California Table Grape Commission
- United States Potato Board
- Paramount Farms
- California Ripe Olives
- Eating Recovery Center.